Rep. Barney Frank marries longtime partner
U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., left, and Jim Ready pose at their wedding reception Saturday, July 7, 2012. Frank married his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Gov. Deval Patrick in Newton, Mass. / AP Photo/Fotique, Jaime E. Connolly
(AP) NEWTON, Mass. - U.S. Rep. Barney Frank has tied the knot with his longtime partner in a ceremony officiated by Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
Frank spokesman Harry Gural says the 72-year-old congressman married 42-year-old Jim Ready in a Saturday evening wedding at the Boston Marriott hotel in Newton. Gural says more than 300 friends, family and colleagues attended.
Frank, a Democrat who is retiring after more than three decades in office, represents the 4th Congressional District in southeastern Massachusetts.
Ready, of Ogunquit, Maine, has a small business doing custom awnings, carpentry, painting, welding and other general handyman services. He's also a photographer.
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 438 Comments
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 249 Comments
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 106 Comments
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 69 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 214 Comments
- Va. GOP candidate won't apologize for comments on abortion, gays
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 236 Comments