VP Biden's daughter is married in Delaware
A photo of Ashley Biden and Howard Klein, who got married June 2, 2012 in Delaware. Ashley Biden is the daughter of Vice President Joe Biden. / The White House
(AP) WILMINGTON, Del. - Vice President Joe Biden's office has announced that his daughter has married a Pennsylvania doctor at a ceremony in Delaware.
A news release from Biden's office says 30-year-old Ashley Blazer Biden was married Saturday to Dr. Howard David Krein in Wilmington. She is a social worker for the state of Delaware and he is a plastic surgeon in Philadelphia.
The News-Journal reported that the couple was exchanging vows at the same church where she was baptized, St. Joseph on the Brandywine, in a joint Jewish-Catholic ceremony. The private ceremony was being followed by a reception at the Biden residence in Greenville.
Vice President Biden and his wife Jill issued a statement late Saturday saying, "We're happy to welcome Howard into our family, and we wish them all the best in their new life together."
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 180 Comments
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Pelosi ties bridge collapse to sequester
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 290 Comments
- Palin Image: Confident, Secure Play Video