Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter publishing memoir
John Edwards, mistress Rielle Hunter and child. / Will Ragozzino/Getty Images/AP
(AP) RALEIGH, N.C. - John Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter is publishing a memoir about her relationship with the former presidential candidate and their daughter.
Jennifer Canzoneri, marketing manager at Dallas-based BenBella Books, says "What Really Happened" is set to be released on June 26.
Edwards and Hunter had an affair while the Democrat was running for the White House in 2008 and have a daughter together, Frances Quinn Hunter.
On Thursday, a jury acquitted Edwards on one count of illegally accepting campaign contributions and deadlocked on five other charges. He had been accused of orchestrating a plan to use money from campaign donors to hide Hunter while he ran for the White House.
His relationship with Hunter currently remains unclear.
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal 71 Comments
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 241 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 173 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 190 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK