Jay Leno bashes NBC for second night in a row
President Barack Obama chats with host Jay Leno during a break in the taping of "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" Oct. 24, 2012 at NBC Studios in Burbank, Calif. / MANDEL NGAN/AFP/Getty Images
One thing is for sure: Jay Leno's got some brass ones.
On Tuesday night, "The Tonight Show" host took yet another jab at his NBC network home during his monologue -- just one day after he had referred to the NBC top execs as "snakes."
"Did you hear about this? A 28-year-old woman from Serbia has a rare brain condition where she sees everything upside down," Leno said during his monologue. "The good news? She's now been given a job at the White House as President Obama's economic adviser. Isn't that crazy? It's unbelievable. She sees everything upside down. In fact, she thinks NBC is at the top of the ratings."
While this joke wasn't really that crazy or mean-spirited - or even that funny, it comes at a somewhat precarious time for the host, considering news just broke that he had been asked directly by an NBC bigwig to tone down the ratings digs.
But apparently Leno isn't frightened of a little warning because on Monday's show he called the NBC execs snakes. Yup, those slithery, slimy, reptiles.
Leno said, "You know the whole legend of St. Patrick, right? St. Patrick drove all the snakes out of Ireland -- and then they came to the United States and became NBC executives."
Well, that's one way not to get your contract renewed.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner