Emma Watson refutes reports that she'll star in "Fifty Shades of Grey" film, so who should?
Emma Watson attends "Struck By Lightning" Premiere during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival at the Borough of Manhattan Community College on April 21, 2012, in New York. / Andy Kropa/Getty Images
Emma Watson may be trying to shake up her good girl image, but she's definitely not ready to enter the red room of pain.
Rumors started swirling on Friday that the 22-year-old "Harry Potter" star would play Anastasia Steele in the upcoming movie adaptation of E L James' steamy "Fifty Shades of Grey," but Watson has shut them down with a good hard spanking via Twitter.
"Who here actually thinks I would do 50 Shades of Grey as a movie? Like really. For real. In real life. Good. Well that's sorted then," she tweeted on Saturday.
The online hacking group Anonymous is reportedly the source of the false casting news, after it published online documents apparently acquired from the internal server of the German Constantin Film studio, suggesting that Watson was up for the erotic role.
The rumors ran so rampant, that E L James felt the need to shoot them down on Twitter too, tweeting: "There have been no casting decisions made about Fifty Shades."
So with Hermione definitely out of Christian Grey's shackles, it begs (and yes, pun intended) the question, who do you think should play Anastasia in the film?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards