Britain's Queen Elizabeth II attends a reception at Marlborough House in London on March 11, 2013. / AP Photo/Philip Toscano/PA
Queen Elizabeth II is cutting back on her appearances as she continues to recover following a brief hospitalization last week for a stomach illness.
Buckingham Palace said that the 86-year-old monarch will not attend two events scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.
"The queen continues to make a good recovery following her recent illness, and today she presented The Queen's Gold Medal for Poetry and held a series of Audiences," the palace said Tuesday. "However, regrettably, she will no longer attend the Tech City engagement planned for tomorrow, or the Soldiers' and Airmen's Scriptures Association Service at the Guards Chapel on Thursday."
Prince Andrew, Duke of York, will represent his mother at Wednesday's event. The queen's husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the Guards Chapel service on Thursday as planned.
"Her Majesty will, however, continue with the usual rhythm of business at Buckingham Palace, including holding a Privy Council meeting tomorrow," the palace added. "The Queen hopes to resume her program of official engagements next week."
The monarch made her first public appearance since her one-day hospitalization for symptoms of gastroenteritis on Monday, when she attended a London reception to celebrate Commonwealth Day.