Holly Madison defends her unusual baby name
Former "Girls Next Door" star Holly Madison took to her blog to defend her recently revealed baby name for her daughter with boyfriend Pasquale Rotella -- Rainbow Aurora -- after more than a few people criticized her for the colorful baby name Friday.
The stork club
"I have always loved the name Rainbow. There was a girl in my school a few years younger than me named Rainbow and I was so envious of her name because it was so pretty and unusual. She was a perfectly normal, well-adjusted, sporty girl, by the way, so I'm not worried about my daughter being 'traumatized' by having an unusual name," she writes. "There are a lot of smug haters out there who bag on my choice of a name, but I don't care about what they think. I want my daughter to be proud of who she is and learn to speak up and stand up for herself at a young age. I spent most of my life being a people-pleaser who worried about what other people thought or thought was cool and I don't want that for her."
Madison announced her pregnancy in August, and gave birth to daughter Rainbow on March 5, who weighed in at 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
"I couldn't be more blessed to have such a perfect daughter and have never been happier than I am now!," she concludes.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer