Joy Behar leaving "The View"
Television personality Joy Behar attends Dr. Fredric Brandt's SiriusXM launch event at SiriusXM Studio on September 26, 2011 in New York City. / Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty Images
LOS ANGELES Joy Behar will be enjoying "The View" for only five more months.
The 70-year-old comedian is leaving the ABC daytime talk show at the end of the current season in August. The network said in a statement Thursday that it wishes Behar "all the best in this next chapter, and are thrilled that we have her for the remainder of the season."
Behar has co-hosted the show for 16 seasons. She was among the first co-hosts with co-creator Barbara Walters when the series debuted in 2006. The current panel includes Whoopi Goldberg, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd.
In addition to "The View," Behar hosted "The Joy Behar Show" on HLN from 2009 to 2011 and currently hosts "Joy Behar: Say Anything!" on Current TV, which debuted last year.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss