Brangelina in a bottle: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wine snapped up
Nine little letters on the back of the bottle set this rose wine apart from other fruits of the Provence grape harvest: Jolie-Pitt.
The Miraval Rose 2012 was produced at the southern French estate of Chateau Miraval -- property of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
It's the first Miraval vintage stamped by the Hollywood couple, in a joint venture with established vintner Marc Perrin. The back label reads "bottled by Jolie-Pitt and Perrin."
The Perrin family spokesman says the first 6,000 bottles put on sale online Thursday were bought within five hours. The wine sold for 105 euros ($139) for a six-bottle case.
Wine critic Thierry Desseauve told Reuters the wine has "energy, dynamism, with persistence and freshness" due to its "expressive fruit."
"I gave it a 91 point out of a one hundred scale so it's a top rating for a rose wine," he added.
There was no immediate comment from publicists for Pitt and Jolie.
The wine, in a bottom-heavy, champagne-like bottle, goes on sale to restaurants and wholesalers later this month.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims