Jessica Chastain may be next Queen of the Jungle
Actress Jessica Chastain arrives at the Oscars at Hollywood & Highland Center on Feb. 24, 2013, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
Talk about being flexible, Jessica Chastain may be going from the Middle East to the jungle. The "Zero Dark Thirty" Oscar nominee is reportedly the frontrunner to play Jane in a Warner Bros. remake of the classic "Tarzan."
And "True Blood" star Alex Skarsgard will apparently be her King of the Jungle. Other actors in talks for the Tarzan role were Henry Cavill ("The Tudors") and Charlie Hunnam ("Sons of Anarchy").
In this updated remake, Tarzan is fully acclimated to London life when he is called on by Queen Victoria, who asks him to investigate troubles in the Congo. Samuel L. Jackson is also rumored to have a part in the film as an ex-mercenary who helps Tarzan save the day.
"Harry Potter" director David Yates is set to direct the reboot, after replacing Craig Brewer ("Footloose") last fall.
Chastain has had a busy filming schedule lately, she has parts in the upcoming films "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby" and "Miss Julie."
Tell us: Will Chastain make a good Jane?
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims