Man ordered to stay away from Alyson Hannigan
Actress Alyson Hannigan attends the 7th Annual March of Dimes Celebration of Babies at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Dec. 7, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Michael Buckner/Getty Images
A Los Angeles judge has ordered a man to refrain from posting anything online about Alyson Hannigan or to try to meet the "How I Met Your Mother" star.
Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson issued a three-year restraining order against John Hobbs after a brief hearing Wednesday.
Hannigan stated in court filings last month that Hobbs has posted a barrage of threatening messages about her and her family online.
The filings state the 43-year-old acknowledged to police that he wanted to meet the 38-year-old actress and mother of two.
Goodson noted that Hobbs agreed to the terms of the restraining order and that Hannigan's husband and daughters also should be protected.
The actress did not attend the hearing.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?