Alison Pill and Jay Baruchel call off engagement
These two young actors have had quite the few months. Less than six months after "The Newsroom" star Alison Pill "accidentally" tweeted a topless photo of herself, "Tropic Thunder" actor Jay Baruchel took to Twitter as well to announce that the actress had called off their engagement.
"Alone again, naturally. Heartbroken," Baruchel, 30, wrote this past month before announcing his hiatus from the social networking site (the tweets appear to have since been taken down). "I won't be on twitter for a while gang. Getting dumped rules."
According to Us Weekly, the couple broke up over long distance. Baruchel lives in Canada, while Pill, 27, is shooting "The Newsroom" in Los Angeles. The two got engaged in Dec. 2010 after meeting on set of the movie "Goon," and were scheduled to wed in Quebec this past September but the plans fell through.
"Unfortunately, we're two busy people who are intrinsically lazy," Baruchel explained to the Times Colonist earlier this year as to why the wedding didn't happen. "So in our free time, the last thing we want to do is book flights and organize hotel rooms for people. But it'll happen at some point."
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Toby Keith: Moore, Oklahoma "will persevere"