"Modern Family" stars stuck 1 hour in KC elevator
From left, actors Ty Burrell, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons, Nolan Gould, Ariel Winter, Sarah Hyland, Sofia Vergara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Rico Rodriguez, Julie Bowen and Ed O'Neill, winners of outstanding performance by an ensemble in a comedy series for "Modern Family," pose in the press room during the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards held at The Shrine Auditorium on Jan. 27, 2013, in Los Angeles. / Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Three stars from the ABC comedy "Modern Family" got stuck in a Kansas City elevator for about an hour Friday night, delaying their appearance at a charity benefit.
Julie Bowen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet were in town for a fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City. Stonestreet grew up in Kansas City, Kan.
The Kansas City Star reports the three actors were trapped in an elevator with about a dozen other people at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, where they were headlining the fundraiser.
Crews from the Kansas City Fire Department freed the group at about 10 p.m., an hour after they were scheduled to appear.
When they finally took the stage, the actors praised and thanked the Fire Department.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 121 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"