Man charged in boating death of Usher's stepson
LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 01: Singer Usher performs onstage during the 2012 BET Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on July 1, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Christopher Polk/Getty Images For Polk) / Christopher Polk
GAINESVILLE, Ga. An Atlanta man has been charged with killing the 11-year-old stepson of pop star Usher in a boating collision last summer.
Jeffrey Simon Hubbard was arrested Friday, the day after a Hall County grand jury indicted him on charges of first-degree homicide by vessel in the death of Kile Glover. Kile was the son of Usher's ex-wife, Tameka Raymond.
District Attorney Lee Darragh tells The Times of Gainesville Hubbard is jailed without bond pending a court appearance Saturday.
Authorities say Kile and his father, Ryan Glover, were vacationing at Lake Lanier when Hubbard crashed a personal watercraft into the boy's raft July 6. Kile died at a hospital July 21.
Hubbard's father, Simon Hubbard, declined to comment. He said he didn't know if his son had hired an attorney.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 107 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"