Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler win Gracie Awards
Filmmaker Lena Dunham poses backstage at the 65th annual Writers Guild East Coast Awards at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill on Feb. 17, 2013, in New York. / Neilson Barnard/Getty Images
Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler and Julianne Moore are among the winners of this year's Gracie Awards.
The awards, handed out by the Foundation of the Alliance for Women in Media, honor programming for, by and about women, as well as individuals who have made contributions to the industry.
Dunham was named outstanding director by the organization for her HBO series "Girls." Poehler received the award for outstanding female actor in a leading role in a comedy series for "Parks and Recreation," and Moore won outstanding female actor in a leading role in a drama special for her portrayal of Sarah Palin in "Game Change."
Other honors went to "Parks and Recreation" (outstanding comedy); Robin Roberts (outstanding anchor); Anjelica Huston (outstanding female actor in a supporting role in a drama series, for "Smash"); Mindy Kaling (outstanding producer, entertainment); and the casts of "Hot in Cleveland" and "Steel Magnolias."
The 38th annual Gracie Awards will be handed out at a gala on May 21 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif.
See the full list of winners here.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"