Bobby Brown sentenced to 55 days in jail for DUI
NEWARK, NJ - FEBRUARY 19: Bobby Brown performs at NJPAC Prudential Hall on February 19, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images) / Dave Kotinsky
LOS ANGELES Bobby Brown has been sentenced to 55 days in a Los Angeles jail and four years of probation for a drunken driving case.
City attorney's spokesman Frank Mateljan says Brown was sentenced Tuesday after pleading no contest to charges he was under the influence and driving on a suspended license when he was arrested in October.
Brown was on probation for another DUI case at the time.
The 44-year-old "New Edition" singer was ordered to report to jail March 20. He also was placed on four years of informal probation and will be required to complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program.
Brown's attorney Tiffany Feder had no immediate comment on the sentence.
The sentence was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments