Carrie Fisher briefly hospitalized
"Star Wars" actress Carrie Fisher. / ET
ET confirms that "Star Wars" legend Carrie Fisher was hospitalized briefly in Los Angeles following a medical incident related to her bipolar disorder.
According to the 56-year-old star's rep, "There was a medical incident related to Carrie Fisher's bipolar disorder. She went to the hospital briefly to adjust her medication and is feeling much better now." Fisher is currently in Los Angeles.
The star was recently honored with the Utah Film Center's Kim Peek Award for Disability in Media for her forthright candor in dealing with her bipolar disorder and for raising awareness about the condition, saying that people suffering from bipolar disorder must choose between being a victim and "taking it on and flying in the face of it."
The accomplished writer and performer has also been making headlines as of late with rampant speculation that the original "Star Wars" trilogy cast will appear in the in-development "Star Wars VII," directed by J.J. Abrams.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot