Julianne and Derek Hough creating new dance TV series
Derek and Julianne Hough / ET
"Dancing with the Stars" pros Julianne Hough and Derek Hough are setting out to expose what really goes on in the world of international competitive ballroom dancing. The siblings have teamed up with cable channel Starz to develop a new show titled Blackpool.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the series will be executive produced by Derek, 27, and Julianne, 24, and "revolves around the prestigious annual ballroom competition in Blackpool, England and will explore the dancer's obsession with perfection and the darker side of the glamorous world of ballroom dance."
"When you're in the world, you're so invested. It's literally the be-all and end-all. But when you step back from it, you see that obsession with perfection and the fact that the lifestyle that you thought was so glamorous is actually a little shocking," Julianne told the trade publication.
Derek added, "What makes it so interesting is seeing all of the politics and the scandal. It's framed in the world of ballroom dancing, but the stories that are intertwined are of the partnerships and the sex and the love triangles."
Will you watch this show? Let us know, below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video