Barbara Walters to return to "The View" next week
Barbara Walters speaks at the 6th Annual Exploring the Arts Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street on Oct. 4, 2012, in New York. / Larry Busacca/Getty Images for Exploring The Arts
Barbara Walters is on the mend.
The TV veteran says she's returning to "The View" on Monday.
She's been sidelined for several weeks. But now she's "had enough rest and it's time to come back," Walters reported by phone during Tuesday's edition of the ABC talk show.
Walters was hospitalized on Jan. 19 after fainting and cutting her head at a party in Washington. The 83-year-old said she had chickenpox and a fever at the time but didn't realize it. She suffered a concussion and got six stitches. She was released 10 days later and since then, has been resting in her New York home.
"No more chickenpox," she told her fellow panelists in the studio during her phone call.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards