Batman's side-kick Robin to be killed off in next DC Comics issue
Holy dearly departed, Batman!
The Caped Crusader's infamous sidekick Robin is slated to meet his end in the upcoming issue of DC Comic's "Batman Incorporated" series.
Several different characters have stepped into the Boy Wonder's tights over the years, and this isn't the first time a Robin has been killed off before.
DC Comics pulled the plug on a previous Robin named Jason Todd in 1988 after fans voted in favor of the death in a telephone poll.
In his current incarnation, Robin's alter ego is Damian Wayne, the son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul, who was played by Marion Cotillard in the most recent Batman film, "The Dark Knight Rises."
Batman will have a lot to deal with over the comic series' next several issues, grieving over the death of his partner-in-crime-fighting as well as his only child.
Fans can see Robin's death in issue No. 8 of "Batman Incorporated," which goes on sale Wednesday.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 110 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments