Baltimore Ravens' Jacoby Jones joins "Dancing with the Stars"
Jacoby Jones of the Baltimore Ravens reacts during Super Bowl XLVII against the San Francisco 49ers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on Feb. 3, 2013, in New Orleans. / Harry How/Getty Images
He won the Super Bowl, and now he's looking to win a mirrorball trophy -- Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones is the newest contestant to join "Dancing with the Stars."
Jones was the first contestant announced for the show's new season. The announcement came Sunday night during a commercial that aired during ABC's telecast of the Academy Awards. The other new contestants will be announced Tuesday on "Good Morning America."
"Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" finale
Jones is known for his dance moves in the end zone after a touchdown.
Three other NFL players have won the competition: Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward and Donald Driver.
Jones was one of the Ravens' stars in their Super Bowl victory, scoring two touchdowns. He began his NFL career when he was drafted by the Houston Texans in 2009. He was signed by the Ravens last year.
"DWTS" returns for its 16th season on March 18.
Tell us: Who else do you think should join the "Dancing with the Stars" cast?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 109 Comments
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments