Spice Girl Mel B joins "America's Got Talent"
Mel B arrives at the Belvedere Red Launch at the Ivy pool on Dec. 1, 2012 in Sydney, Australia. / Getty
"America's Got Talent" just got a little spicer.
Celebrity TV judges
Spice Girl Melanie Brown, also known as Mel B or Scary Spice, has signed on as a judge for NBC's "America's Got Talent." The pop singer will sit alongside Howard Stern and Howie Mandel when the series returns for its eighth season, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 37-year-old singer has the TV chops, previously serving as a judge on Australia's "X Factor and co-host of "Dancing With the Stars Down Under." She also starred in the Style Network reality series, "Mel B: It's a Scary World." Mel B reteamed with The Spice Girls last year for Olympic festivities in London.
Mel B will replace Sharon Osbourne, who announced she would not be returning to the show last August.
The new season of "America's Got Talent" gets under way on May 28.
Tell us: Do you think Mel B will make a good judge?
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix