2013 Juno Awards: Carly Rae Jepsen tops nominees
Singer Carly Rae Jepsen performs onstage during the 40th American Music Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Nov. 18, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Carly Rae Jepsen leads the crop of nominees for this year's Juno Awards with five nods: artist of the year, fan choice award, single of the year for "Call Me Maybe," and pop album of the year and album of the year for "Kiss."
Fellow Canadian singer Justin Bieber is not far behind. The pop star, who was shut out at this year's Grammy Awards, is up for four Junos: fan choice, best album and pop album for "Believe" and artist of the year.
Bieber reacted to the news on Twitter:
Other multi-nominees for Canada's music awards include Celine Dion, Billy Talent, Hedley, Leonard Cohen, Marianas Trench, Metric and Rush. Mumford and Sons, One Direction, Kathleen Edwards, Drake and Nickelback are also in the running for trophies.
Jepsen will be among the performers at the April 21 Juno Awards, which will be hosted by Michael Buble.
Go here to see the full list of nominees.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video