Beyonce says Blue Ivy "already reading flashcards"
Beyonce attends the premiere of "Beyonce: Life Is But A Dream" at the Ziegfeld Theatre on Feb. 12, 2013, in New York. / Evan Agostini/Invision/AP
Like any other proud mom, Beyonce is boasting about daughter Blue Ivy.
The singer talked about life with her 13-month-old daughter during a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey on "Oprah's Next Chapter."
"She is hilarious and she is fire. Lord, am I going to have me a time!" Beyonce told Winfrey. "She's very smart. She's already reading flashcards. She's beautiful."
"My daughter introduced me to myself," she added. "Motherhood made everything make sense."
When asked during the interview (which aired Feb. 16) if she plans to have more children, Beyonce replied: "I definitely want to have another child. But it's also important for me to do what I love. I love to make music. I wanted to see after I had my daughter, if I was still as passionate about performing. Maybe after this next tour I'll have another."
The 31-year-old also spoke about her daughter in the March issue of Vogue magazine, calling the baby girl "my homey, my best friend." She has also said that she hopes her HBO documentary, "Life is But a Dream," inspires her daughter.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil