Kanye West, Kim Kardashian bypass airport security
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian attend the Angel Ball 2012 at Cirpiani Wall Street on Oct. 22, 2012, in New York. / Steve Mack/Getty Images
Authorities say Kanye West and Kim Kardashian had to be privately screened after an airline employee allowed them to bypass a security checkpoint at New York's Kennedy International Airport.
Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein says the celebrity couple arrived at the airport on an international flight on Tuesday.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
She says after clearing customs and baggage, they were escorted by an airline employee "through a non-public area in order to provide expedited access to their domestic flight."
Farbstein says this violated security protocols by bypassing the TSA checkpoint. She says that prompted TSA officials to conduct the private screening.
The rapper and reality TV star were eventually cleared to board their flight, which departed after about a 50-minute delay.
Kardashian and West started dating last year and announced they were expecting in late December.
Kardashian married NBA star Kris Humphries in August 2011 and their divorce is not finalized.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance