Taylor Swift's ex Conor Kennedy arrested at White House
Taylor Swift's ex boyfriend Conor Kennedy was arrested on Wednesday during a protest at the White House.
The protest (also involving Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Daryl Hannah, civil rights leaders and environmental activists) was an act of civil disobedience in reaction to the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.
Eighteen-year-old Conor was briefly linked to Swift last summer after the couple was snapped at the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, Mass., as well as Cape Cod. Their relationship reportedly cooled off when he returned to high school.
Prior to the breakup, Ethel Kennedy revealed her fondness for Swift, telling The Associated Press that the Kennedys would be "lucky" to welcome her into their family.
The group of protesters is bringing attention to the Keystone XL pipeline because they believe it would "boost carbon pollution by triggering a boom of growth in the tar sands industry in Canada, and greatly increasing greenhouse gas emissions."
Conor and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. were handcuffed and driven to a Park Police station. They have both been released after paying a fine.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced