DMX arrested in South Carolina for driving without a license
DMX speaks during the 2012 Rock the Bells Festival press conference and Fan Appreciation Party at Santos Party House on June 13, 2012, in New York. / Mike Lawrie/Getty Images
Rapper DMX has been arrested in South Carolina for driving without a license.
Authorities say the 42-year-old was arrested at 1 a.m. Wednesday after an officer saw him at a gas station in Greer, S.C.
The rapper, whose real name is Earl Simmons, already faced several charges of driving without a license, so deputies say an officer pulled him over after watching Simmons leave a gas station, get into a car and drive away.
Simmons was released after paying a fine. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney.
Simmons was arrested in a Phoenix suburb in 2011 after a trooper clocked him driving at 102 mph. He had recently finished a stint in prison on probation revocation for failing to submit to drug testing and driving without a license.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers