Peter Sarsgaard joins cast of "The Killing"
Actor Peter Sarsgaard poses at a photo call for the film "Lovelace" during the 63rd Berlin International Film Festival on Feb. 9, 2013, in Berlin. / JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images
Peter Sarsgaard has joined the cast of the now-revived AMC series "The Killing."
According to Deadline, the actor will play Tom Seward, a death row inmate for whom the clock is ticking down. The character is described as a "lifelong convict born into poverty and crime" who has "been in and out of the system for violent crimes since he was 10."
The Hollywood Reporter& describes Seward as a "villain."
The casting marks Sarsgaard's first major TV series role. He joins fellow new cast members Elias Koteas (as the new partner to Mireille Enos), Amy Seimetz as a mother whose daughter is missing and Max Fowler as a streetwise hustler, THR reports.
"The Killing" was brought back from cancellation last month. Mireille Enos Enos and Joel Kinnaman are reprising their roles as Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder, and the new season will focus on a new case taking place a year after the events of the first two seasons.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 220 Comments
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos
- Miss USA 2013 24 Photos
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- New Miss USA is an accountant
- "True Blood" returns for sixth season
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- Weekend box office: "Man of Steel" smashes June record