Beyonce on Blue Ivy: "She's my homey, my best friend"
Beyonce gushes over daughter, Blue Ivy, in the March issue of Vogue magazine.
"She's my road dog," the proud mother said. "She's my homey, my best friend."
And despite her busy touring schedule, Beyonce says she makes a lot of time for her little girl.
"I had a very strong connection with my child," the 31-year-old singer said about her daughter, who was born in January 2012. "I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn't think about my own pain...We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication."
Grammy Awards 2013: Behind the scenes
Beyonce, who recently performed at Super Bowl halftime in New Orleans , said she and her husband, Jay-Z, want their daughter to have normal life, including, "school visits and lemonade stands and all that stuff. It's very important for me," she said.
On Sunday, Beyonce picked up the best traditional R&B performance Grammy for "Love on Top," and she has a busy year ahead. The singer, who will be on tour from April-August, has just joined the Essence Festival lineup in New Orleans.
The R&B-pop star's HBO special, "Life is But a Dream," will air Feb. 16. That same day, she'll be seen alongside Oprah Winfrey on an episode of OWN's"Next Chapter."
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix