"Buckwild" cast member Salwa Amin arrested on drug charge
A cast member of the MTV reality show "Buckwild" is facing a drug charge in Charleston, W. Va.
- Photos: Celebrity mug shots
- Watch: "Buckwild" stirs up controversy
- "Buckwild" puts West Virginia on comedy map
Twenty-four-year-old Salwa Amin was arraigned Monday in Nicholas County Magistrate Court on a felony charge of possession with intent to deliver.
"Buckwild" star arrested for allegedly selling heroin
Details of Amin's arrest and the charge weren't immediately available. She is being held at the Central Regional Jail on $200,000 bond.
Jail Administrative Sgt. Rick Drake says Amin doesn't want to talk to the media. He didn't know whether she had a lawyer.
According to TMZ, authorities said Amin was hiding in a shed when police arrived. Amin was said to have a "quantity of Oxycodone" in her purse, according to the site.
MTV announced last week that the show will be picked up for a second season, as it has been doing well in the ratings department. MTV spokeswoman Candice Ashton says the network doesn't have any comment at this time on Amin's arrest.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest