Mindy McCready committed to treatment facility
Singer Mindy McCready participates in the Ladies No-Limit Hold 'em poker tournament at the World Series of Poker at the Rio Hotel & Casino on June 8, 2008, in Las Vegas. / Angela Weiss/Getty Images
Country singer Mindy McCready has been admitted to a treatment facility, three weeks after the death of her boyfriend, producer/musician David Wilson.
At an emergency hearing Wednesday, according to People, a judge ordered McCready to be committed to a treatment facility to cope with mental health and alcohol issues. McCready, 37, reportedly admitted to drinking too much alcohol in the wake of Wilson's death.
- Mindy McCready denies killing boyfriend David Wilson
- Mindy McCready mourns loss of "soulmate" David Wilson
Her two children -- Zander, 6, and Zayne, 9 months -- have been removed from her home and are currently in foster care. Zayne is McCready's son with Wilson, and Zander's father is singer Billy McKnight.
"As you can imagine, the tragedy of David Wilson's death has been devastating and crippling to Mindy and her entire family. We can confirm Mindy was admitted to an in-patient facility yesterday," McCready's rep told People. "While taking appropriate and much needed time to grieve, her sons have been placed in foster homes where they are comfortable and cared for. We have no further statement at this time. Thank you for your patience, understanding and sensitivity."
McCready could be in treatment for up to 21 days, a source told E! News.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested