Emma Roberts returning to TV
The popular dystopian "Delirium" book series is headed to TV and "Valentine's Day" star Emma Roberts has been cast as the show's lead, according to TVLine.com.
Roberts will take on the role of Lena Holoway in the series, which tells the story of a teen girl living in a future America where love (classified as a sickness called amor deliria nervosa) has been outlawed and teens undergo medical procedures to render them incapable of love.
Lena's world changes forever when she falls in love with an outsider only months before she's scheduled to have the procedure, calling into question everything she believes to be true.
Karyn Usher, Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope will exec produce the pilot, based on the book series by Lauren Oliver.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere