Robin Roberts returns to "GMA" on Feb. 20
Robin Roberts on "Good Morning America." / ET
She came, she saw, she conquered -- now, a renewed Robin Roberts is returning to "Good Morning America" on Feb. 20.
The news was announced on "GMA" this morning, with Josh Elliott adding that she'll slowly work up to anchoring the newscast 5 days a week.
"What a difference a year makes," said Roberts, who began feeling the symptoms of her illness about a year ago. "I cannot wait to return to my "GMA" family. It's going to be an incredible morning in Times Square. The overwhelming thoughts and prayers of the viewers have played a major part in getting me here today. I cannot thank everyone enough."
Roberts announced last June that she had been diagnosed with the rare blood and bone marrow disorder Myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) after successfully fighting breast cancer while her treatment and triumphs have been well-documented by the "GMA" crew over the ensuing months.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 118 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"