"The Avengers" cast to present at 85th annual Academy Awards
Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey arrive at the premiere of Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" April 11, 2012, in Hollywood, Calif. / Jason Merritt/Getty
Fans won't have to wait until 2015 to see Marvel's "The Avengers" cast members on screen together again.
Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo will soon share the stage when they present an award during this year's Oscars telecast.
"We are happy to re-unite 'The Avengers' cast to present on our show," Craig Zadan and Neil Mero, producers of the 85th annual Academy Awards, said in a press release.
"The Avengers" premieres
These "Avengers" stars may know a thing or two about the Academy Awards, except for Chris Evans, the only one of the cast members who has yet to ever receive an Oscar nomination.
Downey has been nominated twice before, for his leading role in "Chaplin" and for his supporting role in "Tropic Thunder." Renner has also twice been nominated, for his leading role in "The Hurt Locker" and for his supporting role in "The Town." Jackson was nominated for his supporting role in "Pulp Fiction." Ruffalo received his first nomination for his supporting role in "The Kids Are All Right."
You can catch the "Avengers" stars back in action when the Oscars are presented on Feb. 24.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- This Is James Gandolfini, He's Not Tony