Ron Jeremy likely to be hospitalized "for some time" after aneurysm
Ron Jeremy speaks at Reality Rocks Expo - Day 2 at the Los Angeles Convetion Center on April 10, 2011, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Porn star Ron Jeremy's agent says the prolific actor will likely stay at a Los Angeles hospital a while to recover from an aneurysm near his heart.
Agent Mike Esterman says Jeremy isn't allowed to receive visitors or deliveries following a procedure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center last week. Esterman says he doesn't expect the 59-year-old to leave the hospital "for some time."
Jeremy had a heavy feeling in his chest and drove himself to the hospital last Wednesday.
One of the best-known names in the porn industry, Jeremy has said he has appeared in more than 2,000 adult films. While officially retired, he still shows up in films and public events, and appeared in the reality TV series "The Surreal Life."
Jeremy also released a memoir in 2007 and has made various TV appearances through the years, including cameos on "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" and "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 350 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- "Monsters University" premieres in Hollywood 20 Photos
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"