Matt Damon to guest star on "House of Lies"
Matt Damon speaks onstage during the "Behind the Candelabra" panel discussion the Winter TCA Tour - Day 1 at Langham Hotel on Jan. 4, 2013 in Pasadena, Calif. / Getty
Matt Damon is becoming a TV comedy regular.
Showtime said Damon will guest star next week on "House of Lies." He'll play what the channel called a "maniacal megastar" version of himself.
Last month, Damon staged a mock takeover of Jimmy Kimmel's ABC talk show, tying Kimmel to a chair and acting as host for a night. On NBC's just-ended "30 Rock," Damon appeared in several episodes as boyfriend to Tina Fey's character, Liz Lemon.
On the Sunday, Feb. 10, "House of Lies" episode, Damon seeks help in finding a charity to carry his name. The actor plays opposite "House of Lies" star Don Cheadle, his friend and a cast mate in the "Ocean's Eleven" movie franchise.
Damon is attached to the upcoming film "Elysium," along with Jodie Foster. He's also due to star in "The Zero Theorem" with Christoph Waltz.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 238 Comments
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos
- Miss USA 2013 24 Photos
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- New Miss USA is an accountant
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "True Blood" returns for sixth season
- Weekend box office: "Man of Steel" smashes June record