Kiefer Sutherland to receive Harvard theater group honor
Kiefer Sutherland attends the FOX All-Star Party on Monday, July 23, 2012, in West Hollywood, Calif. / Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Golden Globe-winning actor Kiefer Sutherland has been named Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
Sutherland will be roasted and receive his ceremonial pudding pot at a ceremony scheduled for Friday.
The 46-year-old Sutherland has been in dozens of films but is perhaps best known for his role as Jack Bauer in the television series "24," for which he won Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy awards. He is currently starring in the television show "Touch." The second season of the Fox TV series debuts with a two-hour premiere on Feb. 8.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jason Segel.
The 2013 Woman of the Year, Marion Cotillard, was honored last week.
Hasty Pudding Theatricals is the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
The awards are presented annually to performers who have made a lasting and impressive contribution to entertainment.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby