Beyonce hugs Jay-Z after Super Bowl halftime show
Beyonce and Jay-Z embrace on Feb. 3, 2013, in a photo posted to Instagram. / Joanna Simkin/Instagram
Beyonce's Super Bowl halftime set earned her lots of applause, critical praise -- and a hug from her husband.
A photo posted to Instagram on Sunday shows the 31-year-old singer smiling and embracing Jay-Z after her performance, which included a Destiny's Child reunion and a medley of hits like "Love on Top," "Crazy in Love" "End of Time," "Baby Boy," "Independent Woman," "Single Ladies" and "Halo."
- Pictures: Stars at the Super Bowl
- Complete Coverage: Super Bowl XLVII
- Complete coverage of Super Bowl XLVII on CBSSports.com
Super Bowl 2013 halftime show: Beyonce
Jay-Z was among the stars who tweeted about Beyonce's halftime show. He wrote: "Lights out!!! Any questions??"
Beyonce also shared a thank-you note on her Instagram page, giving a shout-out to fellow Super Bowl performers Jennifer Hudson (who sang "America the Beautiful" with children from Sandy Hook Elementary School), Alicia Keys (who sang the national anthem) and her Destiny's Child band mates, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams.
"What a proud day for African American women!" she wrote. "You are all beautiful, talented and showed so much class. It was an honor to perform at the Super Bowl with you phenomenal ladies."
After the Super Bowl, Beyonce also announced that she'll embark on a world tour, dubbed "The Mrs. Carter Show," later this year.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- Justin Bieber booed at Canadian football game