"Sesame Street" spoofs "Downton Abbey"
"Sesame Street" may be in its 43rd season, but the long-running children's series still continues to stay current. The program has been on a parody kick lately, spoofing modern popular adult dramas.
"Everything is upside down here," one of the puppets explains, clearly imitating "Downton Abbey" star Maggie Smith's Dowager Countess chatacter.
Crumpets and tea fall "down" to the ceiling while being served by a butler parodying the role of Mr. Carson from the popular Emmy-winning British series.
The countess and her butler eventually come up with a solution to their upside-down abbey. Watch the video above to see how they're able to turn things around.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more