CBS renews "NCIS" for 11th season
The cast of "NCIS," from left: Pauley Perrette, Michael Weatherly, Sean Murray, Mark Harmon, Cote de Pablo, Brian Dietzen, Rocky Carroll and David McCallum. / CBS
CBS is bringing "NCIS" back for an 11th season.
The network announced Friday the show will return for the 2013-2014 television season, with star and executive producer Mark Harmon getting a new contract extension.
"In a world gone niche, 'NCIS' keeps getting bigger, and Mark Harmon continues to define the role of leading man on the #1 show on television," CBS President and CEO Leslie Moonves said. "'NCIS' is the type of franchise every company wants in today's global content ecosystem -- high-quality storytelling that generates passionate viewers and drives revenue on every conceivable platform."
Currently in its 10th season, "NCIS" now ranks as the No. 1 television program -- ahead of "Sunday Night Football" -- with an average of 21.48 million viewers tuning in.
The "NCIS" renewal comes two days after the network picked up "How I Met Your Mother" for a ninth (and final) season.
Popular in Entertainment
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"