"World War Z" Super Bowl trailer debuts online
Brad Pitt is shown in a scene from "World War Z." / Paramount Pictures
A new 30-second teaser trailer for Brad Pitt's upcoming zombie flick "World War Z" set to air during Sunday's Super Bowl has debuted online before the big game.
In the 30-second teaser, Pitt is seen with his character's family running from an unknown disaster. CGI-rendered zombies also pop up later on in the trailer.
"We've lost the East Coast," a voice is heard saying in the trailer. "China's dark," adds another.
A two-and-a-half-minute trailer for "World War Z" originally debuted in November.
Pitt's latest film is based on the 2006 best-selling book "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft), his follow-up to 2003's "The Zombie Survival Guide."
Some fans of the book have voiced their upset with the perceived action-heavy tone of the film as seen in the first two trailers released so far. Brooks' novel was written in a unique format as a collection of first-person survivor accounts from a zombie apocalypse.
"World War Z" is scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 13.
Tell us: What do you think of the new "World War Z" teaser?
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?