"World War Z" Super Bowl trailer debuts online
Brad Pitt is shown in a scene from "World War Z." / Paramount Pictures
A new 30-second teaser trailer for Brad Pitt's upcoming zombie flick "World War Z" set to air during Sunday's Super Bowl has debuted online before the big game.
In the 30-second teaser, Pitt is seen with his character's family running from an unknown disaster. CGI-rendered zombies also pop up later on in the trailer.
"We've lost the East Coast," a voice is heard saying in the trailer. "China's dark," adds another.
A two-and-a-half-minute trailer for "World War Z" originally debuted in November.
Pitt's latest film is based on the 2006 best-selling book "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft), his follow-up to 2003's "The Zombie Survival Guide."
Some fans of the book have voiced their upset with the perceived action-heavy tone of the film as seen in the first two trailers released so far. Brooks' novel was written in a unique format as a collection of first-person survivor accounts from a zombie apocalypse.
"World War Z" is scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 13.
Tell us: What do you think of the new "World War Z" teaser?
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral