Steven Tyler returns to "American Idol" in drag
"Contestant" Steven Tyler auditions on "American Idol" in Oklahoma City. / Michael Becker/FOX
Dude really does look like a lady. Well, sort of. Steven Tyler made a surprise return to "American Idol" Thursday night dressed in drag, complete with a blonde wig, red lipstick and heels.
During auditioning rounds in Oklahoma City, the 64-year-old former "Idol" judge surprised Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and the rest of the panel by pretending to be a contestant named "Pepper."
They weren't buying it.
"Steven Tyler in the house," judge Randy Jackson said after Tyler introduced himself as Pepper.
Tyler served as a judge on the Fox singing competition series for two seasons, before leaving last year to focus on his rock band, Aerosmith.
Following the tryouts, 45 contestants from Oklahoma City were sent to Hollywood for the next round of auditions.
Check out the video of Tyler's audition below:
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?