Ron Jeremy recovering in LA hospital after aneurysm
Ron Jeremy speaks at Reality Rocks Expo - Day 2 at the Los Angeles Convetion Center on April 10, 2011, in Los Angeles. / Getty
A spokesman says porn star Ron Jeremy is recovering from surgery at a Los Angeles hospital after an aneurysm near his heart sent him to intensive care.
Agent Mike Esterman says in an email to The Associated Press that he and others were waiting for Jeremy to awake Wednesday night after a smooth procedure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. His manager told TMZ the procedure went smoothly. Jeremy is said to have been resting at the hosptail.
Esterman says the 59-year-old Jeremy had a heavy feeling in his chest and drove himself to the hospital, where diagnosed the aneurysm and put him in the intensive care unit.
One of the best-known names in the porn industry, Jeremy has said he's appeared in more than 2,000 adult films.
While officially retired he still shows up in films and public events, and appeared in the reality TV series "The Surreal Life." In 2007, he released a memoir. And through the years, he's made various TV appearances on "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" and "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest