Melissa Gilbert is engaged
Melissa Gilbert and Timothy Busfield. / Getty/CBS
Melissa Gilbert is gearing up to marry for a third time.
The former "Little House on the Prairie" star is engaged to actor Timothy Busfield, a rep told Us Weekly.
Gilbert, who recently competed on "Dancing with the Stars," was married to Bo Brinkman from 1988 - 1992. She and her second husband, Bruce Boxleitner, split in 2011 after 16 years of marriage. Gilbert, 48, has two children.
Gilbert's 55-year-old fiance has also been married twice before -- to Radha Delmarter and Jenny Meriwin. He has appeared on the TV series "thirtysomething," "Blue Bloods," "Law & Order" and "The West Wing."
Perhaps three times is a charm for the couple. An insider told Us Weekly, "They've known each other for quite some time, as their paths have crossed off-and-on over the past 20 years."
Before her marriages, Gilbert was romantically linked to Tom Cruise, John Cusack and Scott Baio. She dated Rob Lowe on and off for six years.
Last fall, there was talk that Sony was considering making a film version of "Little House on the Prairie," which aired as a TV series on NBC from 1974 to 1983. Gilbert portrayed the lead character, Laura Ingalls Wilder, on the series.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Obama to host concert honoring Carole King
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"