Barbara Walters released from the hospital
Barbara Walters attends the Time 100 Gala at Jazz at Lincoln Center April 24, 2012, in New York. / AFP/Getty Images
LOS ANGELES ABC says Barbara Walters is out of the hospital and recovering from chicken pox at home.
ABC said Tuesday that the 83-year-old host on "The View" is resting comfortably and "getting stronger." There was no indication of when she might return to work.
Walters was hospitalized after falling and cutting her head at a pre-inaugural party in Washington on Jan. 19. The news veteran later was diagnosed with chicken pox, which typically hits people when they are children.
The disease can be serious in older people because of the possibility of complications like pneumonia.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 354 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby