Burt Reynolds released from hospital
Actor Burt Reynolds presents onstage during the 14th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Jan. 27, 2008, in Los Angeles / Getty
After being admitted to the intensive care unit of a Florida hospital late last week due to dehydration and severe flu symptoms, Burt Reynolds is on the mend and has been released from the hospital, his rep Erik Kritzer tells ET.
On Monday, the 76-year-old star was already "doing much better" and was expected to leave the hospital either today or Wednesday.
"He wants to thank all of you for your caring concern," Kritzer added.
The actor has suffered other bouts of ill health in recent years. In 2010, Reynolds underwent a quintuple heart bypass one year after entering rehab to end a reliance on prescription drug habit acquired after back surgery.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash