Frank Ocean wants to press charges against Chris Brown
Frank Ocean arrives at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards at Staples Center on Sept. 6, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Getty
R&B singer Frank Ocean wants to press charges against Chris Brown following a reported brawl over a parking space on Sunday in Los Angeles, authorities told Reuters.
Although Ocean, 25, hasn't filed any charges yet, Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore told Reuters Ocean "is desirous of prosecution in this incident."
Police responded to a report about a brawl involving six men outside Westlake Studio in West Hollywood.
"The altercation allegedly led to Chris Brown punching the victim," the department said in a statement released early Monday morning.
Brown, who is serving five years probation after the 2009 Rihanna assault incident, hasn't released a statement on the matter. On Monday, though, Brown posted a new photo on Instagram, featuring images of Jesus on a cross, along with the caption: "Painting the way I feel today. Focus on what matters!"
Meanwhile, the Grammy-nominated Ocean took to Twitter after the incident:
got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol. i only wish everest was there.— frank ocean (@frank_ocean) January 28, 2013
cut my finger now I can't play w two hands at the grammys.— frank ocean (@frank_ocean) January 28, 2013
Brown and Ocean are up against each other in the urban contemporary album category at the Feb. 10 Grammy Awards.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced