Randy Travis to enter drunken-driving guilty plea
Musician Randy Travis performs during the 4th Annual ACM Honors at the Ryman Auditorium on September 20, 2010, in Nashville, Tenn. / Frederick Breedon/Getty
Randy Travis is expected to enter a guilty plea in a drunken-driving case in North Texas, according to a local prosecutor there.
Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown said Monday that details of the plea agreement will be released following Travis' court appearance Thursday in Sherman, Texas.
Travis was naked when he was arrested following a single-vehicle accident Aug. 7 near Tioga, a city about 60 miles north of Dallas. Authorities have said his blood-alcohol level was more than 0.15. The legal limit for driving is 0.08.
This isn't the only legal issue Travis has had to face recently. Just last week, the country music star plead no contest over a brawl at a Texas church parking lot last August. Last February, Travis was arrested for public intoxication following a Super Bowl party.
Brown says Travis will plead guilty this week to misdemeanor drunken driving, which is punishable by up to two years in jail and a $4,000 fine. The 53-year-old Travis still faces a retaliation charge for allegedly threatening officers.
Travis' attorney wasn't immediately available for comment.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- Beatles' lyrics headed for British Library
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere