Chris Brown investigated for possible assault
Chris Brown at 40th American Music Awards, at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Nov. 18, 2012 / Gettyc
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. Authorities are investigating allegations that Grammy-winning singer Chris Brown assaulted a man in a West Hollywood parking lot.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says deputies responded to a report Sunday night of six men fighting.
Witnesses told deputies that the brief fight was over a parking space.
The department says the "altercation allegedly led to Chris Brown punching the victim."
- Police sent to Chris Brown's home in latest 911 hoax
- Chris Brown and Rihanna attend Christmas Day Lakers game
- Chris Brown won't face charges in cell phone-snatching case
The "victim" wasn't identified, but the celebrity website TMZ, which first reported the incident, says the fight outside a recording studio also involved Frank Ocean, a nominee in the upcoming Grammy Awards. He later tweeted that he "got jumped by (Brown) and a couple guys" and suffered a finger cut.
No arrests were made. Brown was gone by the time deputies arrived but the department said the investigation is ongoing and Brown would be contacted later.
Email messages to Ocean's publicist and Brown's lawyer were not immediately returned. A man answering the phone at the recording studio declined to comment.
Brown's attack on singer Rihanna on the eve of the 2009 Grammy awards overshadowed the show. He was injured in a June 2012 brawl with members of hip-hop star Drake's entourage at a New York nightclub.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest